Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Soooo a couple of friends have suggested I blog about more personal tidbits. For example, Deb Smith said readers might be interested in some of my grandmother's recipes. My grandmother Ociee was as fine a cook as am I . . . . . NOT! We "Nash girls" don't like to cook. A Home Ec major at the University of Alabama, I once started a fire in the home management house while trying to fry chicken. Got an "A" for the report I wrote because it made the professor laugh. My best "recipe" is to get in the car and drive to Taxco for Mexican cheese dip and chips.

Nonetheless, I DID most certainly enjoy many, many delightful dinners with my grandmother, dinners she happily prepared for me. Always, the choices included two types of sandwiches. The first was peanut butter with mayonnaise and tomato. *Don't knock it until you try it. My all time favorite was her peanut butter with pickle relish and mayo stirred together into a paste and slathered open-faced onto fresh Wonder Bread. I swear by this taste treat.
Gotta close now and fix myself a peanut butter sandwich and remember how much more fun it was to talk with my beloved Ociee than most people might have watching somebody slave over a hot stove. MMP

No comments:

Post a Comment