Friday, August 7, 2009

Milam Writes Books

Hello, I'm Milam McGraw Propst, an author and the creator of a series of family focused books about my beloved grandmother, Ociee Nash. This is perhaps my second or third attempt to BLOG . . . I think I likely erased my first few efforts. As Ociee would say, "DRAT!"

Soooo I'm here blogging away and happy to say my new book "The Further Adventures of Ociee Nash" will be released by Belle Books on September 1, 2009. www.bellebooks.com

The first two books based on the childhood of my beloved grandmother, "A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street" and "Ociee on Her Own" will always be available from Mercer Press at www.mupress.org.
AND the charming film written and produced by Amy McGary and Kristen McGary, "The Adventures of Ociee Nash" starring Skyler Day, Keith Carradine, Mare Winningham and featuring Tom Key, Anthony Rodriguez and Ty Pennington can be gotten wherever you buy or rent DVDs.
***The premiere of the film at Atlanta's Fox Theater remains the best day of my life! It's lovely to see one's characters come to life on a great big movie screen!

I'm super excited about the new book which is set in Marshall County, Mississippi AND in Memphis, Tennessee. The storyline includes Ociee, her family, a snake, the Milam Madstone, a WITCH and a Dominican nun. Just an ordinary cast of characters who lived in 1900.

My publisher tells me folks may want to ask questions so let's get started. I'm waiting! Milam

1 comment:

  1. Milam-- Congrats on making contact in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete