Sunday, September 13, 2009

Being an author can be rather humbling. For example, fellow author Anabel Alderman tells this story. She asked her dearest friend why she'd not yet read her book. After all, it had been out for several months. Naturally, Anabel's feelings were hurt.
The friend replied with an extremely apologetic, sugary, sincere Southern drawl, "Huuunny, I've been meaning to read yo' nice story. Truly, Anabel darlin', I have. Fact is I just had to clean out my freezer first."

Along those lines, I was preparing to sign "It May Not Leave a Scar" at an event where I'd just spoken. A lady in the audience came up to me. Grinning from ear to ear she announced, "I got your book on Amazon. Guess what I paid for it?"
"I give up. How much?"
She placed the book in my hands. As I put pen to paper, she said, "Fifty-three cents."

So here's my suggestion. If you'd like to catch up with the Ociee series, you may want to go to Amazon for the first two: "A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street" and "Ociee on Her Own." The movie "The Adventures of Ociee Nash" is also available there and at Blockbusters.
**PLEASE PAY MORE THAN ONE DOLLAR or don't tell me about it! Milam

No comments:

Post a Comment