Friday, August 6, 2010

More excitement about Suwanee

I was chatting with Ed Putnam, author of "The Final Season" when he suggested I check out the website for the Suwanee Festival of Books. Weeelllll, guess I should have done so before now, because much to my surprise and delight, along with Terry Kay, are several other precious and talented author buddies.

Included with Ed Putnam are J. Kershaw Cooper, Haywood Smith, Patti Callahan Henry, Franklin Cox, and John Wilsterman. This is going to be one fun event. For me, it feels a bit like a family reunion!

So mark your calendars for that last week in August: Saturday, August 28 (10 a.m to 6 p.m.) and Sunday, August 29 (1 p.m. to 6 p.m.) at Suwanee Town Center Park. Do check out the festival's website. The organizers are offering many exciting things to do for book lovers of all ages including, of course, authors with a terrific selection of books, presentations by authors, along with art and music, games and yummy food. I, for one, cannot wait.

Please try to get to the Children's Stage on Saturday at 12:30 where I'll be blabbing about our Ociee girl! *See yawl in Suwanee.

No comments:

Post a Comment