Monday, April 19, 2010

WOW!

Good evening. I'm writing without my glasses, so please try to overlook any typos. I'm still too excited about our party's success to sleep, and I don't want to awaken Jamey to look for them.

Well over 200 folks came to our Authors Gathering and Book Signing on Sunday, and, lo and behold, they bought a huge number of books written by Frank, Ed, Jackie, Sam, Marilynn and Susanne, John, and me.
The weather was puuuurrrfect and the azaleas splendid. My dear bridge club ladies and authors Marilynn Winston and Sam (his wife, Pat) Heys provided the most delicious goodies for our guests.

My friend Betty Ann sent a darling bouquet, while one of our daughter's friends, and author Frank Cox each brought flowers. Two couples arrived bringing champagne, while our beloved neighbors, Mary and Marvin contributed wine. It felt like a birthday party as much as it did a book gathering. THANK YOU, everybody!

As I told my friend Pam today, I must admit to a bit of a letdown now that the special day is over. HOWEVER, writing this blog is perking me up considerably.

Our son Jay and his music partner Summer entertained with some of their new compositions. Grin. Several in their audience had lovely compliments about this, the duo's second only performance.

In an emotional and most surprising moment, a courageous friend appeared. Battling cancer, the wonderfully gifted sculptress, sporting her very cute chemo wig, said, "I just wanted to be here."
I couldn't believe she was. What an amazingly brave women is Dale.

Also, a little girl with gorgeous eyes, my new friend, came to the party to meet me. Elizabeth had seen the movie, "The Adventures of Ociee Nash." So charmed was I by this precious girl, I told her I was doubly happy Ociee's best friend, Elizabeth Murphy carries "her" name.

My sincerest gratitude to all who came. It was a marvelous day! I'm going back to sleep now. Milam

No comments:

Post a Comment