Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ociee's on the last stretch!

Got word from the printer today . . . we'll have the final proofs of the two last Ociee books by week's end! I'm excited, of course, but kinda nervous, too. This is something akin to the week before one's baby arrives. And this time, it's gonna be twins! Well, not exactly; guess we could call the books "fraternal" twins.

As I've mentioned before, I'm especially thrilled about the cover for the final story. If you've read my blog, you may know that a few months ago I came upon a barely visible photograph of my grandmother, one I never knew existed. In it, Ociee is a little girl, perhaps 10-years-old. Sadly, the image was very unclear, almost ghostlike; but the magicians at Wolf Camera managed to bring her back to life!

Now, more than 110 years after the picture was taken, it will become the cover of Ociee Nash's fifth and final story.

About this, I am thrilled. Milam

P.S. There's something extra special about Ociee IV, too. THAT will have to wait until my next blog. Hint? Not yet! MMP

No comments:

Post a Comment