Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Adventures of Ociee Nash

I'm preparing for a couple of talks next week, one is to the students at Pinecrest Academy. For inspiration, I decided to Google the movie trailer for "The Adventures of Ociee Nash." The film was based on my first book, "A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street."
Viewing the marvelous footage brought tears to my eyes when I saw Skyler Day as Ociee and Bill Butler as Ben in their first encounter with the Gypsy who was so wonderfully portrayed by Atlanta actor, Anthony Rodriguez.

Kristen McGary and her sister Amy McGary kindly allowed me to be on their set everyday as they filmed. As info,the two also wrote, directed, and produced the movie. One of these days, I want to write a book about this, the most exciting experience of my entire professional life!

I'll happily share more about the story of my book's becoming a movie, but now it's time to celebrate our son William's birthday. He, his wife Abigail, and their first son Loftin played passengers on Ociee's train as she traveled from Mississippi to North Carolina in the year 1898. William still talks about how hot and itchy his vintage wool suit was!

Please check out the film in its entirety (Netflix, Amazon or Blockbuster) and let me know if you enjoy it . . . hopefully, you will, almost as much as did this author tonight, October 15, 2009. Milam

P.S. As I sign off, I'm looking at an old photo of my grandmother Ociee Nash Whitman holding brand new baby William in her arms, circa: 1972. MMP

No comments:

Post a Comment