Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Roll Tide Rolllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I am supposed to be working on my new book. HOWEVER, this day must belong to the University of Alabama National Championship FOOTBALL TEAM!

We watched last night, mostly standing up and chewing our nails, and cheered our hearts out through all five field goals AND Trent Richardson's picture perfect touchdown. What a game it was!!!!! Jamey, our son Jay, and I are exhausted!

The game took me back to the 60's and to our remarkable four years in Tuscaloosa. Jamey and I were at Alabama during Coach Bryant's kingship, so admittedly, we were spoiled.
That being said, we've not been as caught up in an Alabama victory since the Sugar Bowl in 1993. Another national championship. Brag brag. We were in New Orleans for that upset against the University of Miami. Today feels much the same . . . I may never sleep again!

This writer will soon be off to have lunch with fellow author Jaclyn Weldon White.
***Speaking of SPORTS, Jackie's new book, "The Greatest Champion That Never Was" is a great sports read about boxer W.C. "Young" Stribling.
More than simply a story about an athlete, her book is a compelling study of the life of a very colorful and drop dead georgous man and his equally fascinating family. Her publisher is Mercer University Press. Do yourselves a favor and go to her website or to Mercer's.
I hope and pray there will be a movie from Jackie's book!

I must go now. Should you see me out today and for the next week, I'm wearing my Sugar Bowl shirt, vintage 1993.

ROOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL TIDE, ROLL. Proud Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment