Saturday, November 16, 2013

Holidays!!!

We're just back from a delightful day in Albertville, Alabama, where my husband and I lunched with special people; his sister Maryetta, our niece Mary Shea, and our friend Carolyn. Afterwards, we sent Jamey to the golf course while we girls shopped. Fortunately, I made some headway into my Christmas list.
Oh yes, and I spoke to the Thursday Book Club. Charming ladies were they, AND they served a delicious hummingbird cake. That treat, alone, was worth the drive! Praise be to Jamey, the Man of My Dreams, for driving me over and back.

We arrived home by 9 o'clock, just in time to greet our son Jay after his 39-hour-drive from San Jose, California. Yes, indeed, he drove straight through with only one stop to get some sleep! Jay also filmed scenery along his journey. Picture-taking runs in our artsy family!

So Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and lovely holidays to all you readers out there. Don't forget, signed copies of any of my eight books are available for gift giving! Please contact me at: Milamwritesbooks@gmail.com. MMP

No comments:

Post a Comment